This week I finally got everything together for my Carte Sejour (residency permit). Here is the list of what I had to gather for the application here in Tamraght/Taghazout Morocco…
- A background check from the USA. I ordered mine through the FDLE. It must be an official stamped report
- A translation of the US background check in French or Arabic
- A Moroccan background check.
- My visa extension paper
- A statement from a Moroccan bank account with a minimum of 20000 dirhams
- A copy of my lease
- A health report from a Moroccan doctor
- Copies of the first page and Moroccan entry stamps of my passport
- A letter from me stating that I will not be working during my time in Morocco written in French and signed
- (12) 4×4 passport photos
I needed 4 copies of the two pages of my passport and the original plus 3 copies of all required documents. All of the copies needed to be stamped at the city hall in Aourir. The application fee is 100 dirhams and you need to purchase a 20 dirham stamp with your application.
I have everything together and ready to turn in. I’m hoping to apply before the end of this week because my visa extension ends April 24th and it takes about 2 weeks for them to process the paperwork… I will update you once I do! xo